Help with Control Head HLN 6432C

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb4vwa
New User

Help with Control Head HLN 6432C

Post by kb4vwa »

I just purchased some Spectra Controlheads HLN6432C and they do not power-up for me on my working Spectras. My working Spectras use the HLN 6283B. Is there some jumper that make these units work? Can someone PLEASE help me out, I am out of lots of money a second time buying these control heads and not able to get them to power up. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Ed
kb4vwa
New User

Re: Help with Control Head HLN 6432C

Post by kb4vwa »

UPDATE: The correct control heads I am having trouble powering-up with my VHF Spectra High & Low power are the following HLN6337D & HLN6075D.

I was curious if I read a working radio and replace not working control head and program codeplug back into the radio, will the bad control head accept programming? Not sure if my problem is programming, or jumper?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ed
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

What interconnect board are you using to connect the control head to the radio? The newer 6337 head requires the HLN6285 board, or the older board needs to be modified. GARY N4KVE
Will

Post by Will »

Correct, check your interface circuit board as some changes were made, hence the different model number, to work with the later series control heads.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”