Pyramid SVR 2000 with cdm1550

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CHEFA2001
Banned

Pyramid SVR 2000 with cdm1550

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Anyone know why one might hear a beep after transmitting through such a unit?

When talking out of the UHF portable radio, into the SVR unit, and then back out from the CDM radio, once the PTT on the HT is released, a short beep or tone is heard...

I have not yet picked up a cable and checked out the programming on the radio, however, I wanted to ask here before I went through the trouble of this.

Almost like a ROGER beep.

Feel free to email me directly also @ chfa2001@optonline.net
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
eacradio

Post by eacradio »

That's what it is. A go ahead beep. I think it's programmable in the SVR unit. Does it do it when you talk on the CDM unit? If not then it's the SVR.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The beep is a programable option in the SVR.

The software isn't too hard to get- download it off of their web site.

They don't bill it as a "roger" beep. They state that it is there to provide feedback to the portable user that the portable transmission was received and sent out by the SVR.
Duke

Pyramid programming cable

Post by Duke »

Does anyone know the pin-out for the "programming cable" for one of these? I picked one up on ebay and it came without the cable. Pyramid wants $90 for the cable so I am looking for another solution. Thanks, duke

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”